What is Kassandra? »Its Definition and Meaning [2019]

Kassandra was a character from Greek mythology who had a very particular history, marked by a curse that condemned her to die knowing the reason and unable to avoid it.Daughter of King Priam of Troy and his wife Hecuba only had the ambition to have a special power, so I pray constantly, day and night to the god Apollo to grant him the desire to predict the future.God granted it, but in exchange for his love.

Kassandra obtained his desire for a god in love, but this one was deceived by Kassandra, who later claimed not to be in love with God and not reciprocate in his love, so that the enraged Apollo cursed her, making her predictions were never believed by people.In this way, Kassandra knew the destiny of the people around her and herself, but as nobody believed her, they called her lunatic and could not change her destiny.If they had believed Kassandra, the events of the War of Troy would have been avoided.the even predicted the appearance of the Greek army on the famous wooden horse that crossed the walls of the Trojan city and surprised the inhabitants that fateful night.

Kassandra in the war was persecuted by the Greeks, in her Eager to save her life, she went to hide in the temple of Athena, but Ajax discovered her and took her with King Agamenon who made her her slave.Finally, Kassandra had the vision that she would die with the king upon his return to Greece at the hands of his wife Clitemnestra, that's how it was, because no one believed him again.His clairvoyant power led to his death.

Kassandra's story has been taken as a reference by those cultures in which a event is taken as uncertain and impossible and then it is fulfilled, it is attributed to the aforementioned curse.Casandra is also known to the gypsy fortune tellers, from a Latin American soap opera, in the same way following the idea of ​​predictions emanated from history of mythology ia Greek we count.

Comments

  1. this is very unique and important information provided in this blog, I would love to explore more about Greece as I will be travelling to Greece next month I have already got my Greece visa and now this is the time for me to make the list of things to do in Halkidiki Greece so that I don’t miss on anything, this is the first time I am travelling alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article was written by a real thinking writer without a doubt. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back day in and day for further new updates. Canada Visa Eligibility

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment